Community Forum

New coax, no service

Regular Visitor

New coax, no service

A few weeks ago I started to notice that my modem and x1 box would briefly lose and regain service multiple times a day, with these occurrences being more and more frequent every day I decided to contact comcast. They sent a technician out and he suggested that the outside coax needed replace. Well today while I was at work they came and replaced the coax, my wife was at home, they knocked informed her of what the were going to do and went ahead and replaced the coax. After they knocked again and said their job was done and to check for service, nothing was working they said that it would take 5 min to come back online. That was at 930 am. At 1030 am everything was still offline. My wife contacted comcast and they said the next available appointment is 2 to 4 PM tomorrow. It is unacceptable that whomever replaced the cable, may it be a third party contracted by comcast or a comcast technician, left without verifying that their was some form of service. Inconvenience is an understatement. If I were to leave a jobsite without verifying that everything was in order I would lose that client and would have to pay for their downtime.
Expert

Re: New coax, no service

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Service was restored by a very competent technician, somehow there is a credit to my account for my inconvenience, almost 10%. The credit being a nice gesture almost feels as a slap in the face, a here have this and be quiet type insult, since it was just applied without any interaction from comcast except for the technician. Almost as if the company is too busy to provide the customer service they always claim they do provide.
Official Employee

Hi, Gcordero. I can definitely understand where you're coming from on that. I'd be happy to discuss what else can be done for the inconvenience you experienced. If you can please send us a Private Message with the requested information, we'll be happy to continue assisting you from there. Thanks! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.