New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Forum Avatars

Administrator
Administrator

New Xfinity Forum Avatars

We are excited to announce that we have developed and will be releasing new XFINITY Help & Support Forum avatars on 01/08/18. These new avatars are higher definition than our current avatar offering and better aligns with our current products and services.

Initially, our current avatars are not going anywhere, but as we release these and other avatars we will slowly retire what is currently available for you to choose from.

As always, we love seeing your personalization and encourage you to find an image to upload to make your own avatar that showcases your personality.

To upload your own image for your personalized avatar:

• Sign in to the community.
  • Go to My Settings > Avatars.
  • Click From the Community or From Uploaded Images.
  • Click the image to use as your personal avatar.

For question about these new avatars or how to upload your own images, please let us know here.

**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar.

***UPDATE:*** The release date for these new avatars have changed. You will now be able to see and use these new avatars as of 01/16/18. Thanks in advance for your understanding with this delay. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Re: New XFINITY Forum Avatars

Quote:

"**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar."

Could you, for the uninformed and unenlightened, describe how to reach a "ranking" of Frequent Visitor, and where this information might be found along with descriptions of the Rankings.

Thank you,

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar.

Is changing your avatar a "one time thing" because I use to see that option in my settings before I changed my avatar, now that it has been changed I don't see the option anymore and I'm passed the "Frequent Visitor" ranking. Is there a glitch or am I wrong because I want to change my avatar but I don't see the option anymore?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am a regular contributer with 94 posts, but DO NOT HAVE THE AVATAR TAB. 

When will it be available for me?

Please list ALL of the rankings in order.

Administrator
Administrator

BlueJay wrote:

Quote:

"**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar."

Could you, for the uninformed and unenlightened, describe how to reach a "ranking" of Frequent Visitor, and where this information might be found along with descriptions of the Rankings.

Thank you,

ciao, bj

@BlueJay

I can tell you that all our ranks are based on forum activity. This activity includes posting, number of logins, thread views, and minutes spent online. The more activity that you do the faster you will gain higher ranks. We don't publicly post all our ranks and the requirements in the public forum as that would take all the fun out of ranks. Smiley Wink

MsCVet wrote:

Is changing your avatar a "one time thing" because I use to see that option in my settings before I changed my avatar, now that it has been changed I don't see the option anymore and I'm passed the "Frequent Visitor" ranking. Is there a glitch or am I wrong because I want to change my avatar but I don't see the option anymore?

@MissDiagnostics

When you register for the community you will have the opportunity to choose a forum avatar at that point. However, until you get the rank of Frequent Visitor you will not have the ability to change it again. After reaching the rank of Frequent Visitor you will once again be able to change/customize your avatar again. 

P.S. Your username has been changed as the word Comcast is not allowed in usernames unless you are an Official Employee. 

raptyrred wrote:

Hello,

I am a regular contributer with 94 posts, but DO NOT HAVE THE AVATAR TAB. 

When will it be available for me?

Please list ALL of the rankings in order.

@raptyrred,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to change your avatar. You have reached the appropriate rank to qualify to be able to change/customize your avatar. However, as you move up in forum ranks for some user the old rank permissions do not always automatically go away and the new rank permissions take its place. It looks as thought this may have been the case for your permissions. I have since corrected the problem for your profile and you should now have the Avatar tab once again. 

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know here. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Administrator
Administrator

@MissDiagnostics,

As mentioned in my post to user: raptyrred, sometimes when a user moves up in ranks the system does not automatically remove the old permissions that may have prevented you from editing your avatar. You will notice that I have corrected this for your profile and you should now have the ability to edit your avatar as you see fit.

As for the username situation. In the past there were limited rules as to what you could use for your avatar. this is why people have used Comcast in their avatar. Now that there are new rules in place, if we come across a user that has Comcast in their username we will make that modification to remove it. Unfortunately, due to the way user permissions are set up, no user can modify their username after they register. If you are unhappy with your current username we can modify it again for you to something of your choosing (that does not violate our forum guidelines). You can PM me with your new requested username if you would like that changed. However, if you truly want your forum account deleted, we can accomidate that request for you as well. Let me know and we will happily make your requested changes.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Problem Solver

Missing current Avatars

It seems a majority of our current Avatars are missing the data base of choices.

Is this a coding error linking this data base?

Or are changes being made on the choice of Avatar?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing current Avatars

Some time back, it was announced current ones would be retired.  Perhaps that's started?  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-XFINITY-Forum-Avatars/m-p/3020789#M143634

They're gone for me, too.  All of them.  Hmm.....

Service Expert

The new Avatars are now in place and the other retired.  You might be able to upload a personalized Avatar to use, but there are strict guidelines for what is acceptable [as in nothing off-color or offensive].

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

wrote:

The new Avatars are now in place and the other retired.  You might be able to upload a personalized Avatar to use, but there are strict guidelines for what is acceptable [as in nothing off-color or offensive].

Again: It looks to me that you have not clicked on your own profile. Go to "Avatar" heading and check what shows up under the different categories. Outside of about a dozen choices of new ones in 2 color choices, all the other's are missing. Also; check any forum post. All are missing except Custom ones (like yours) or the few very new Avatars.  Smiley Wink

Service Expert

wrote:

wrote:

Again: It looks to me that you have not clicked on your own profile. Go to "Avatar" heading and check what shows up under the different categories. Outside of about a dozen choices of new ones in 2 color choices, all the other's are missing. Also; check any forum post. All are missing except Custom ones (like yours) or the few very new Avatars.  Smiley Wink

I did click on my own profile.  And I check the categories as well.  As I said, the old Avatars have been retired.  The new ones are in place.  The Avatar you have showing now is a placeholder for the one you had.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I did click on my own profile.  And I check the categories as well.  As I said, the old Avatars have been retired.  The new ones are in place.  The Avatar you have showing now is a placeholder for the one you had.

If that is what really happened, it is one hugh mistake.

The forum now shows Avatars for number of people posting on a current subject under discussion stats. Clicking on one shows the replier. This post has just three of us.

Now if you got to a popular post like the 4K DVR, there may be close to 50 people and now about 45 of them are default Avatars. They might as well just dump that feature.  

Problem Solver

I finally figured how to crop a picture I wanted to use just before this change happened. I had to get down to < l megapixal from 16 megapixals. So at least I can identifiy my Avatar from others. I have my daughter's French Bulldog.   

Silver Problem Solver

What is weird is that there is still a list of categories, but the options for each category, other than "XFINITY B" and "XFINITY W" are just the defaults. Also, I had one of the old, pre-round, Music avatars (the violin), and it's still attached as far as I can tell.

Highlighted
Contributor

Avatars.....Where did they disappear to?

I was using one of the "From the Community" avatars, which has about 14  categories to chose from.

I had chosen the "Panda"  bear avatar , from the "animal" category.

This worked fine for a couple of days.

But today (2/9) all avatars in all categories are simply blank.

At least on my computer.

I dunno  what happened. And I really miss that fur baby Panda bear.

Any ideas?                                               

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Avatars.....Where did they disappear to?

They've been retired in favor of the "new and improved" ones.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-XFINITY-Forum-Avatars/m-p/3020789#M143634

Frankly, I miss the "no avatar" option.

Contributor

Hello Bronze Problem Solver

When I went to the link you provided I couldn't find much except for some very goofy looking symbols (28 total).

Even if these are the "new and improved " avatars it's very difficult to tell how to select them.

When clicking on a couple of these at random up popped something called ComcastJessie: Admin 6/30/2003

Maybe someone could take a peeky-boo and see what's going on.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy                 

Problem Solver

wrote:

Hello Bronze Problem Solver

When I went to the link you provided I couldn't find much except for some very goofy looking symbols (28 total).

Even if these are the "new and improved " avatars it's very difficult to tell how to select them.

When clicking on a couple of these at random up popped something called ComcastJessie: Admin 6/30/2003

Maybe someone could take a peeky-boo and see what's going on.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy                 

You found all that is left. I aready commented on this dubious Avatar change.

Currently; the best option left is to create a custom Avatar (see mine). Go through pictures you have taken and stored on your computer. Find one that you can "crop" down to a size that ends up using slightly less than 1 megapixal. Then go back to your profile and use "edit", high-light "Avatars". Use down-load option and follow directions on how to locate your chosen photo, and directions for down-loading it. I just put a new one in yesterday. If you look at my profile and click on my pictures you can get a good idea on how it works.

You can KUDO my picture of Mia (the frequent flyer French Bulldog) if you like it.  Smiley Wink

Bronze Problem Solver

MNtundraRET said it best.  I'm not sure what the new ones are supposed to be, but then I also don't know what the purpose of the old ones was.  They seem a little silly to me.

Like he said, just make your own and use that, since we have to have something, for some reason.

Silver Problem Solver

I tried to upload a new avatar, and lost the old one. The one I originally uploaded didn't seem to work, and was just white. I did some more digging, and decided this one best fits Comcast!

Contributor

Hello MNtundraRET 

I must admit that your avatar , Mia ,  the frequent flyer  French Bulldog , is a cute little fur baby.

Right up there with Caruso the Celebrity Dachshund and his brother Oakley.

I do have a few pics on my hard-drive with file size less than 1000KB,  so may create my own avatar.  

I really like your sense of humor. Thanks for taking time to enlighten the unenlightened.

Smiley HappySmiley Happy 

Problem Solver

When you went to the screen for Avatars on your profile, your old Avatar photo (download) should still exist. If you have more than one page of photos it may be on another page.

Just select it again for your Avatar.

Silver Problem Solver

I wasn't clear in what I typed. I lost the old, Comcast classic avatar when I tried to upload something else. I think the first upload was too small to display properly.
Regular Contributor

Avatar - changes - going away or new requests .. I am not keeping up ... sorry

I'm not keeping up I guess .. I'll catch up ...

Regular Contributor

Re: Avatar - changes - going away or new requests .. I am not keeping up ... sorry

ok ..new .. FORUM Avatars things... ok ....  I fall behind ....  but, this is fairly new....

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Avatar - changes - going away or new requests .. I am not keeping up ... sorry

It is new, implemented in the past several days.  This might give you some background.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-XFINITY-Forum-Avatars/m-p/3020789#M143634

Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Administrator
Administrator

@BlueJay wrote:

wrote:

MNtundraRET said it best.  I'm not sure what the new ones are supposed to be, but then I also don't know what the purpose of the old ones was.  They seem a little silly to me.

Like he said, just make your own and use that, since we have to have something, for some reason.

So, WTP, where's your avatar?   

This is just an aside, but when you reply to an individual's post, what happened to the post name identifier?  All I've been seeing is "wrote:"  .   And in some long threads with quotes, I find it hard to follow the comments.  Just sayin'..  Smiley Wink

Has anyone found out what the new avatars are?  I mean the names..  

ciao, bj

BlueJay,

Avatars and the quote option are completely unrelated. There is currently a known bug that is preventing the username from displaying correctly when using the quote option. This is something that our partners at Lithium are working hard to resolve. We appreciate your patience. 

Also all the old avatars are completely gone so the new avatars are all that is left. You should find all that are available to you in the Avatar section of your profile page.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: New Xfinity Forum Avatars

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines. (off topic)

Cable Expert
Moved:

Re: New Xfinity Forum Avatars

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines. If your post here is not about Avatars, it is off topic. If you have questions about the moderation of the forums, please feel free to start your topic in the appropriate forum or reach out to the Community Manager @ComcastJessie. Thank you.

Cable Expert
Moved: