Community Forum

New XR15 Remote

Regular Visitor

New XR15 Remote

Hello Comcast,

Last friday I saw your new XR15 remote online. Loved the design and called to order 4 for my home. The customer service rep placed the order. On Monday, not only did I receive only 3 remotes, they were the older models (1 of which weren't even a voice remote). I called again and was forwarded to several departments before being told I would have to drive to a local comcast store to pick up my remotes. I was told I was on a priority list and told they indeed had 4 XR15 remotes. This was a blatant lie. When I arrive at the local store (XFINITY @ Snellville, GA) the employees laughed at me and said "I don't know who told you that lie." I asked how am I supposed to get these remotes and expressed my confusion on why I was being lied to and why Comcast has made it so difficult. They provided no help or clarity. I called again and was sent to Customer Solutions whom did not resolve the issue either. I was told that I was pretty much out of luck. (Btw most of the reps didn't even know what I was talking about, please train them on new equiptment)

These remotes look very nice and I was very excited to receive them, however this experience with has been AWFUL. I was told my boxes were compatible and I should be able to receive these remotes. Please advise!!

UPDATE: I reached out again today and my experience grows worse! The online chat representative literally cut off my internet mid chat to avoid resolving the problem!! Please see the attached transcript.

UPDATE #2: I called again and the customer rep informed me she left notes on the order for 4 XR15 remotes in ALL CAPS on the order form. I recieved my package today that was completely EMPTY. She specifically wrote on the order form that if XR15 were not avaible to NOT ship a package. I've been informed that these remotes are not able to be selected by customer service representatives. Comcast Corporate, please train and assist your representatives on these matters ASAP to avaoid customer dissatifaction and frustration!!!
IMG_1204.JPG
Regular Visitor

Re: Why is it so difficult to get the new XR15 Remote?!

I tried again literally received an empty package from Comcast and was charged shipping and handling for no equipment. 

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hello dgoodrum7, I apologize for the terrible experience that you had with us previously. I can check into the availability of the new remotes in our warehouse, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so we can get started? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Ok I will message you now.

New Poster

I had the same problem with my order.  I just got off the phone with Comcast Rep and she told me to go to the store and try to get the remote.  Horrible customer service, they have no idea what they are talking about.  Their customers are more informed than

@ wrote:

Hello Comcast,

Last friday I saw your new XR15 remote online. Loved the design and called to order 4 for my home. The customer service rep placed the order. On Monday, not only did I receive only 3 remotes, they were the older models (1 of which weren't even a voice remote). I called again and was forwarded to several departments before being told I would have to drive to a local comcast store to pick up my remotes. I was told I was on a priority list and told they indeed had 4 XR15 remotes. This was a blatant lie. When I arrive at the local store (XFINITY @ Snellville, GA) the employees laughed at me and said "I don't know who told you that lie." I asked how am I supposed to get these remotes and expressed my confusion on why I was being lied to and why Comcast has made it so difficult. They provided no help or clarity. I called again and was sent to Customer Solutions whom did not resolve the issue either. I was told that I was pretty much out of luck. (Btw most of the reps didn't even know what I was talking about, please train them on new equiptment)

These remotes look very nice and I was very excited to receive them, however this experience with has been AWFUL. I was told my boxes were compatible and I should be able to receive these remotes. Please advise!!

UPDATE: I reached out again today and my experience grows worse! The online chat representative literally cut off my internet mid chat to avoid resolving the problem!! Please see the attached transcript.

UPDATE #2: I called again and the customer rep informed me she left notes on the order for 4 XR15 remotes in ALL CAPS on the order form. I recieved my package today that was completely EMPTY. She specifically wrote on the order form that if XR15 were not avaible to NOT ship a package. I've been informed that these remotes are not able to be selected by customer service representatives. Comcast Corporate, please train and assist your representatives on these matters ASAP to avaoid customer dissatifaction and frustration!!!

their employee.

Admin1

Hi khanhv -- I can help get you an XR15 remote. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll be able to place an order for this remote for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Admin1
Moved:

New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Just stopped by the xfinity store after chatting with someone online that assured me I could pick up the xr15 remote at the store. The store said they don’t have any and have not ever had them.
Tags (1)
Admin1

Hi Mburdick04 -- I can help with getting you an XR15 remote. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will check to see if your area as XR15 remotes available for shipping. 

New Poster

@ComcastZach I would love to get the new remote for my house if you could help me out, please let me know. Thank you!
Admin1

Hi PaulEsch27 -- I can help with getting you an XR15 remote. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will check to see if your area as XR15 remotes available for shipping.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach Put me on that list too. We need 5 of them but would settle for 4.

Admin1

LRRYSM -- I can help with getting you an XR15 remote. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will check to see if your area as XR15 remotes available for shipping.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

LRRYSM -- I can help with getting you an XR15 remote. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will check to see if your area as XR15 remotes available for shipping.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks

Admin1

LRRYSM -- I received your PM. I have responded back. 

Regular Visitor

Comcast isn't handing these new remotes out like candy for free that why there is an unecessary tug-of-war with customer service. It's really not that difficult to acquire the new remote and it'll cost you under $10 shipped to your door. If that is worth more than your time or energy fighting with Comcast (like it was for me) just search eBay for "Comcast XR15 remote". You will be pleasantly surprised. :-)

Regular Visitor

Did you guys get the remotes?

I'm in need of one too but I don't have the option to send a private message.

Admin1

PearsonX0 -- I received your PM with this remote request. I reviewed your area and I'm sorry to say that XR15 remotes are not available for shipping in your area yet. 

New Poster

Pls adv on how to get the new xr15 remote. Went to comcast store 3 times and tech out to our home

We have been trying to get  the new XR15 remotes for the past few weeks, we have been seeing the advertisements and have called customer service 4 times. Customer service tells you to go to the comcast store. My husband has gone to the comcast store 3 times and they acted as if they were not even aware they had new remotes, and they tell you "we dont have them and to call customer service".  We had technicians  out on Saturday and was under the impression  based on the call with customer service  rep that they would be bringing our new remotes with the new modem we were having installed.  ( Tech were really nice) But We again were told they dont have them and to call customer service to order them. How or where to order these remotes seems to be a mystery??? No body, not even the Comcast employees know how to get these remotes to their customers. We have been with comcast/xfinity for 14 years, and it is never EVER easy to get anything or any issue resolved.  We pay so much for cable , internet , and home security, it really shouldn't be this hard to get the new remotes comcast/xfinity so readily advertise!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Pls adv on how to get the new xr15 remote. Went to comcast store 3 times and tech out to our hom

If you exchange your box for the XG1v4 then you will get one.  

Otherwise they don't seem to be readily available. 

New Poster

Re: Pls adv on how to get the new xr15 remote. Went to comcast store 3 times and tech out to our hom

THANK YOU!!!  I think that's what we will do. Much appreciated. 

New Poster

Hello Zach, I'm trying to PM you also to receive the remote.

New Poster

I would also like some help getting 2 new XR15 remotes to replace my old ones.

Official Employee

Hello Pbittner, I can assist you with getting XR15 remotes to replace your old ones. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Re: New XR15 Remote

Pbittner wrote: Yep I got them, all set up! I did receive 4 remotes but I only needed 2, can I keep the extra as spares?

I am glad that we were able to get the correct equipment delivered, you can keep the other remotes as spares. Have a good day. 

Regular Visitor

Same exact issue here. After replacing one of my TVs, none of the codes worked with my XR11 (went through all the codes using the X1/XR11 pairing codes). I noticed online that the XR15 remotes were updates to the XR11, so I decided to call Comcast customer service about how to get them. I was told to go to the local service center/store and swap the ones I have. So, I went to the store. The manager at the store told me he cannot give me any as they are bundled with the actual boxes. I called customer support and they were surprised at what the manager had said. I went back to the store with customer service on the line and the manager refused to talk to the customer service rep (who was on the phone) in front of me. The customer service rep on the phone said they would ship them to me, charging 5.95 each (for something I should have gotten for no charge at the store) after I approved via a text link. She ordered two for me (I had two XR11s). I was charged 5.95 for each. Package arrived the next day, with two XR11s in the box. Same thing I had. Called customer service, and they told me they would create another order with notes for XR15 specifically (which the previous order was supposed to be for) - charging me a second time for $5.95 each. Package arrived next day - again with two XR11s in the box. What a dissappointment!!! i have been a Comcast customer for over a decade. It would have been easier to go to Amazon and buy them and avoid all this hassle. Comcast - if you are listening, I need two XR15s sent to me.

Official Employee

Hi armenak, I see you sent me a private message with your account information to get this resolved. Please reach back out to me there and we can get this taken care of for you. 

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir. Received the 2 XR15 remotes today. Thanks very much for your help.

Official Employee

armenak wrote: Thanks very much. Actually they arrived today. Much appreciated.

You're welcome, have a good day. 

Frequent Visitor

I have spent 2 weeks trying to get 2 XR15 remotes the newest model which is supposed to come with the 4k box which it didnt and each time they sent remotes it was the XR11 and this past time it was the oldest model XR5 i am so tired of struggling to get these i know they are availble reps keep saying they are sending them but they send the old models and even older ones it shouldnt be this hard and i shouldnt be lied to countless times.... I saw in the forums you can help PLEASE