Community Forum

New XFi Advantage Questions with the XB6

New Poster

New XFi Advantage Questions with the XB6

Hello.

Since I continually reach my 1024GB limit on my xFinity WiFi, I was called by a rep today letting me know that they have a new xFi Advantage program that for $15 extra will give me the unlimited data; however, I will need the new XB6 modem (which the rental is covered in the $15 fee for xFi Advantage). They said they could not send this to me and that I need to pick it up in store, which is a hassle for me since my wife and I both work at home.

In any case, my questions are:

* Is there any way at all to have the XB6 sent to me? Instead of going to a store?

* Right now, I have m own wireless router and use my XB3 only for the modem bridge to the router. I am assuming I can use the XB6 in the same way?

* Anything else I should know about this new xFi Advantage program? I am mainly interested for the unlimited data each month since I am already paying for the high speed plan.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New XFi Advantage Questions with the XB6

@MattJBarnes wrote:

Hello.

Since I continually reach my 1024GB limit on my xFinity WiFi, I was called by a rep today letting me know that they have a new xFi Advantage program that for $15 extra will give me the unlimited data; however, I will need the new XB6 modem (which the rental is covered in the $15 fee for xFi Advantage). They said they could not send this to me and that I need to pick it up in store, which is a hassle for me since my wife and I both work at home.

In any case, my questions are:

* Is there any way at all to have the XB6 sent to me? Instead of going to a store?

* Right now, I have m own wireless router and use my XB3 only for the modem bridge to the router. I am assuming I can use the XB6 in the same way?

* Anything else I should know about this new xFi Advantage program? I am mainly interested for the unlimited data each month since I am already paying for the high speed plan.

Thanks!

This is a new thing as you know, all I can find are two marketing vids on YouTube and Vimeo, and brief discussion on reddit.

Does anyone here have a link to a page with details for xFi Advantage?

$15  a month including unlimited data and gateway rental sounds interesting as opposed to $50 for unlimited data....

Expert

@Paraniod

There isn't any official info available yet from Comcast. Currently, it's only available in the Central Division.  Rolling out "soon" to other areas.

xfiadvantage.png

Customers that want to order it can do so by visiting xfinity.com/shop

That's all the info I have atm.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Thanks Nerd!

Official Employee

Hi, MattJBarnes and Paraniod. Welcome and thank you for posting. We normally aren't able to send the XB6 modem out at this time unless you are subscribed to Gigabit speeds on your account. The xFi Advantage service is only available in select areas within our Central market/division and where Gigabit service is offered within that area. If you're also interested in xFi Advanced Security, that however does not work when the XB6 is in bridge mode. If you'd like me to check if it's available in your area, you're welcome to send me a private message with your name and I will check for you. Also to be sure on pricing, it would be best for me to check the account first and ensure I'm showing the same cost for this service that we have here in this thread before I confirm it. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

There's more info here now:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-advantage

I called in and got a great deal. Also thanks to Comcast Morgan who helped with the order.

Official Employee

You are very welcome! I am happy it all worked out. Thanks for posting publicly, that is always appreciated. Have a good one, take care!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.