New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New XFINITY Forum Avatars

Administrator
Administrator

New XFINITY Forum Avatars

We are excited to announce that we have developed and will be releasing new XFINITY Help & Support Forum avatars on 01/08/18. These new avatars are higher definition than our current avatar offering and better aligns with our current products and services.

Initially, our current avatars are not going anywhere, but as we release these and other avatars we will slowly retire what is currently available for you to choose from.

As always, we love seeing your personalization and encourage you to find an image to upload to make your own avatar that showcases your personality.

To upload your own image for your personalized avatar:

• Sign in to the community.
  • Go to My Settings > Avatars.
  • Click From the Community or From Uploaded Images.
  • Click the image to use as your personal avatar.

For question about these new avatars or how to upload your own images, please let us know here.

**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar.

***UPDATE:*** The release date for these new avatars have changed. You will now be able to see and use these new avatars as of 01/16/18. Thanks in advance for your understanding with this delay. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Re: New XFINITY Forum Avatars

Quote:

"**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar."

Could you, for the uninformed and unenlightened, describe how to reach a "ranking" of Frequent Visitor, and where this information might be found along with descriptions of the Rankings.

Thank you,

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar.

Is changing your avatar a "one time thing" because I use to see that option in my settings before I changed my avatar, now that it has been changed I don't see the option anymore and I'm passed the "Frequent Visitor" ranking. Is there a glitch or am I wrong because I want to change my avatar but I don't see the option anymore?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am a regular contributer with 94 posts, but DO NOT HAVE THE AVATAR TAB. 

When will it be available for me?

Please list ALL of the rankings in order.

Administrator
Administrator

BlueJay wrote:

Quote:

"**NOTE:** You must reach the forum ranking of Frequent Visitor to upload your custom avatar."

Could you, for the uninformed and unenlightened, describe how to reach a "ranking" of Frequent Visitor, and where this information might be found along with descriptions of the Rankings.

Thank you,

ciao, bj

@BlueJay

I can tell you that all our ranks are based on forum activity. This activity includes posting, number of logins, thread views, and minutes spent online. The more activity that you do the faster you will gain higher ranks. We don't publicly post all our ranks and the requirements in the public forum as that would take all the fun out of ranks. Smiley Wink

MsCVet wrote:

Is changing your avatar a "one time thing" because I use to see that option in my settings before I changed my avatar, now that it has been changed I don't see the option anymore and I'm passed the "Frequent Visitor" ranking. Is there a glitch or am I wrong because I want to change my avatar but I don't see the option anymore?

@MissDiagnostics

When you register for the community you will have the opportunity to choose a forum avatar at that point. However, until you get the rank of Frequent Visitor you will not have the ability to change it again. After reaching the rank of Frequent Visitor you will once again be able to change/customize your avatar again. 

P.S. Your username has been changed as the word Comcast is not allowed in usernames unless you are an Official Employee. 

raptyrred wrote:

Hello,

I am a regular contributer with 94 posts, but DO NOT HAVE THE AVATAR TAB. 

When will it be available for me?

Please list ALL of the rankings in order.

@raptyrred,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to change your avatar. You have reached the appropriate rank to qualify to be able to change/customize your avatar. However, as you move up in forum ranks for some user the old rank permissions do not always automatically go away and the new rank permissions take its place. It looks as thought this may have been the case for your permissions. I have since corrected the problem for your profile and you should now have the Avatar tab once again. 

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know here. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Administrator
Administrator

@MsCVet,

As mentioned in my post to user: raptyrred, sometimes when a user moves up in ranks the system does not automatically remove the old permissions that may have prevented you from editing your avatar. You will notice that I have corrected this for your profile and you should now have the ability to edit your avatar as you see fit.

As for the username situation. In the past there were limited rules as to what you could use for your avatar. this is why people have used Comcast in their avatar. Now that there are new rules in place, if we come across a user that has Comcast in their username we will make that modification to remove it. Unfortunately, due to the way user permissions are set up, no user can modify their username after they register. If you are unhappy with your current username we can modify it again for you to something of your choosing (that does not violate our forum guidelines). You can PM me with your new requested username if you would like that changed. However, if you truly want your forum account deleted, we can accomidate that request for you as well. Let me know and we will happily make your requested changes.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation