Community Forum

New Service Request

Highlighted
New Poster

New Service Request

Hi,<br>A technician was scheduled to be at my apartment on March 29th to setup my new account. But due to coronavirus, it got rescheduled to April 24th. So I'll be without internet for a month. ATT mobile network is too bad inside the apartment. Is there any alternative?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: New Service Request

@jacob_aby wrote:
Hi,<br>A technician was scheduled to be at my apartment on March 29th to setup my new account. But due to coronavirus, it got rescheduled to April 24th. So I'll be without internet for a month. ATT mobile network is too bad inside the apartment. Is there any alternative?

Was there ever Comcast service in the apartment/building?  Did you receive a self-install kit with modem?  Is your apartment wired with coaxial cable?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

Hey Joe,
I asked for the modem so that I could self-install. But it seems this is some kinda fiber line and a technician is required to perform the install.
Shouldn't they atleast send me a mobile hotspot device for the time being so that I can stay connected?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@jacob_aby wrote:
Hey Joe,
I asked for the modem so that I could self-install. But it seems this is some kinda fiber line and a technician is required to perform the install.
Shouldn't they atleast send me a mobile hotspot device for the time being so that I can stay connected?

The tech may have to connect a coaxial cable to the streetside pole or post which might require a coaxial-to-fiber connection.  Does your apartment have coaxial outlets or does your building have other apartments with Comcast cable?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I’m not exactly sure about that. In this apartment complex people used to self install modems until the management decided to change it to something fiber. After that a technician is required to come out and do something