Community Forum

New Service Following up from April 27

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New Service Following up from April 27

Hi Team,

I have been following up for new service at my new home since April 27, 2020. Three technicians have visited and informed that new pedestal has to be installed by xfinity construction crew. I have a ticket number 1767138. I have been told that survey has been done and it's been updated as 60-90days which is too long not to have internet service. 

Everytime new agent picks up the call and I will have to do a timeline from begining to make them understand. The target date is moving one and no one is able to provide a proper response. 

My neighbour one house down is XFinity customer and the line passes right in front of my home. Can Xfinity do a temporary setup until permanent solution which is pedestal to be installed.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New Service Following up from April 27

There is no temp way to run it. If they gave you a date range and may be even worse when you factor in any effects of the pandemic as gaining local permits are involved

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@CCAndrew  Thank you for answering. As per the below link from support article on XFinity website I was enquiring about temporary solution. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/underground-wiring

Copying the text from above link here: Our technician may also run a temporary cable line to ensure that you continue to have Xfinity service until your underground cable line is installed.

If the temporary setup can't be done then installation of pedestal is the only solution and XFinity should keep the customer involved and informed which I don't see it happenning. I understand the pandemic situation but email and telephone communications can still happen. But onus is always on customer and there is no direct line to party involved for this job. Each time an agent gives different status or different target date and provides false hope.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That link refers more to drops to your house, not an actual mainline splicing in of a pedestal. And you’re most likely too far from the pedestal present at your neighbor’s for a temporary solution

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, r_rakesh. Thank you for posting here in the community for support. We want to help keep you involved as much as possible along the way of establishing service with us. With completely new service a lot can be involved like new lines, potential construction required, permits, etc. Depending on the stay at home order for your area, there may also be holds that temporarily restrict forward progress of our partners and colleagues in the field. Either way, I can work with you to determine where we're at with your open request and keep you in the loop on what to expect next. I saw you already sent me a private message, which I have replied to with some information that includes a portion of our community guidelines. You're welcome to reply to me there. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastMorgan  Thank you for reaching out. Appreciate your response, I have sent the PM to you.