Community Forum

New Service Drop Bury Request Failure Continued!!

Frequent Visitor

New Service Drop Bury Request Failure Continued!!

Since my prior post won't allow any replies (reply button but you can't click on it), I wanted to provide an update for anyone that is in the same situation.

In the year long battle with Comcast, it is no surprise that after being quoted multiple times for service, Comcast finally discovers that they made an error.  Instead of the outrageous $20k estimate for service, Comcast finally admits that it is no where near that expensive.  If you follow the communication in my prior thread, it is hilarious how many people emphasized the cost only for it to be wrong. I particually love the "kudos" people are giving on posting wrong information.

Now that we have a reasonable estimate, we have "started" the process with Comcast to get service.  We are starting a log of how many technicians Comcast sends out in error and how many different people we end up having to talk to before we actually get service.  It has now been 2 phone calls, 4 twitter direct messages and 2 technicians that come out only to realize they have to put in a different ticket for another team.

Perhaps I will finally get service sometime in 2018!

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-Service-Drop-Bury-Request-Failure/td-p/2766200

Admin1

Re: New Service Drop Bury Request Failure Continued!!

Hi Sunsetkitten278 -- I reviewed your account and what is needed is a service drop run before we can install. We attempted to do this in July however you cancelled that order. Once this drop run is completed we'll return to finish the install. 

Frequent Visitor

Nothing was scheduled back in July for me to even cancel.  I was misquoted $20k for this work multiple times which is why I didn't schedule it to be implemented previously.  It has only taken a year and a half to get accruate information.  Now I will be stuck waiting for Comcast to actually do the work that could have been done a year and half ago if I hadn't been given incorrect information.

Official Employee

Hello, I am showing you are working with our team through Twitter. It looks like they were able to get an appointment set for you. Please follow up with us through Twitter if you have any other questions. - Matt 

Frequent Visitor

It is going on 5 weeks and there is no clear answer on my service. Multiple calls and twitter messages, yet no one can tell me why it hasn’t been completed yet. I was supposed to have received a call from “the local team” more than 2 weeks ago. This is completely ridiculous. I’ve been provided multiple dates for the outside work only for the date to pass.
Official Employee

Hello Sunsetkitten278, I can assist you with getting your drop buried. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Frequent Visitor

There is no way to private message you. When I follow your directions and click on private message, it fails to load anything to type into. See attached print screen. As for an account number, I’ve spent the last 5 weeks trying to get service so I don’t have anything with an account number on it.
0E4ADC18-94D6-4AF8-901E-A52B4CD79A7C.png
Frequent Visitor

Here we are several weeks later with only broken promises to show for it. I paid Comcast a lot of money to complete the buildout so I can finally get service. Comcast has taken my money and sat on it. No permits no plans for 4 weeks already. This is ridiculous.
Admin1

Hi Sunsetkitten278 -- We spoke with construction about your service extension. Construction says these permits have been applied for and we are now in the waiting period to receive them. Once we have them we'll be able to continue with our service extension.