Community Forum

New Service - Can't Access Account, Got Email That Technician Visit is Scheduled for Self-Install??

Regular Visitor

New Service - Can't Access Account, Got Email That Technician Visit is Scheduled for Self-Install??

On July 24th I signed up for new customer Xfinity 250 mbps service. I requested self-install, with a ship date of Aug 13th (I'm moving into my new apartment on Aug 15th).

I received an order confirmation email on the 24th and set up my online account login / password, but whenever I log in I get the message "We are having some trouble connecting to My Account." I assumed this was because the account was still being set up, but it's still doing this 2 days later. I've tried in different browsers, and on two different computers.

The one section of the site that IS working when I login is "Shop/Upgrade" (surprise) which recognizes me as an existing user. From the Shop/Upgrade page I can get to the "My Plan" page which has my account #, but if I try to go to "My Account" from there I get the error message.

Today, the 26th, I received an email "Your installation day is almost here". In the body of the email it says "Your technician will arrive within a two-hour window" but doesn't say when the visit is. It gives me an option to reschedule the technician visit - but this link does not work, since I get the same account error. So I have no clue when this technician is planning to visit, but I assume it's sooner than Aug 15 - which means I won't even be in possession of the apartment.

So my problems I need assistance with are:

1 - Can't access account online

2 - Apparently a technician visit is scheduled for 'sometime soon' but I can't see when it is and can't login to change it. When is this visit and how can I change it?

3 - Why was a technician visit scheduled after I chose self-install? Am I being charged for this?

I can provide order confirmation number, email, and account # in PM if needed.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: New Service - Can't Access Account, Got Email That Technician Visit is Scheduled for Self-Instal

Any assistance? I have tried using Chat but I only get the message "Use a valid account number" when trying to initiate chat...

Official Employee

Re: New Service - Can't Access Account, Got Email That Technician Visit is Scheduled for Self-Instal

Hi @poythres

I replied to your private message last week. If you still need assistance after seeing my response, please let me know.