Community Forum

New Price Increase for Modem will Raise your bill with no notofication...

New Poster

New Price Increase for Modem will Raise your bill with no notofication...

I just noticed my Monthly Bill went up and of course was never notified. You raised the Rental Fee for the Modem from $11.00 a month to $13.00 a month. Why wasn't this disclosed at the beginning of my 12 month supposedly "Guaranteed" price commitment? <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.....

Expert

Re: New Price Increase for Modem will Raise your bill with no notofication...

The price of your package has not changed as outlined in your contract. Some fees are subject to change such as taxes, regulatory fees, broadcast TV fees, regional sports fees and rental fees. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Video: How to purchase your own modem and router for Comcast Xfinity

@scarrollodi It should have been somewhere towards the end of your bill either your current one or the one before that one showing the new pricing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Modem Rental Fees go from $11.00 a month to $13.00 a month with no notifications...

Check your previous bill. My most recent bill, dated 12-5, includes a number of price increases, including the rental fee.

Comcast specifically excludes fees from their contract rates so they can extract more money from their customers whenever they want.

Highlighted
Administrator

@scarrollodi wrote:

I just noticed my Monthly Bill went up and of course was never notified. You raised the Rental Fee for the Modem from $11.00 a month to $13.00 a month. Why wasn't this disclosed at the beginning of my 12 month supposedly "Guaranteed" price commitment? <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.....

@scarrollodi,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Xfinity Forum. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. As mentioned in the comments above we typically inform our customers anywhere between 30-90 days about any price changes on their monthly bills.

You will notice that on your 11/28/18 bill (pages 4 & 5) we informed you that you could expect a change in the pricing of your Internet equipment as early as the following bill. 

Again, while we understand this may not be a welcome change, we have done our best to ensure that while some fees may be going up. we hope you see your services improving as well. 

For additional information, go to xfinity.com/pricechanges

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

My only issue with this $2 increase is that I am basically paying more for an "old" device, I get no extra service, no extra conectivity, nothing.

Official Employee

Hello, Amyga. The increase allows use to upgrade customers to faster speeds, develop apps, like our Xfi app, and new equipment, like our brand new XB6 modem. If your modem an older model, you can swap it out at a service center for a newer one, if you qualify. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.