Community Forum

New House Installation Cancelled

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New House Installation Cancelled

We are under contract to buy a new house that was just built in a semi rural area. The one non-negotiable was fast internet as we will both be working from home. On 8/4 I signed up for new service in the new address and scheduled an installation date. Yesterday 8/11, I get a text from Comcast saying that the installation was cancelled and to contact them for more info. When I did, they told me the area was not serviceable and they could not tell me why. Today I have called them several times to see if service can be installed—we are less than 2 weeks from closing and if this house cannot get reliable internet soon, we will have to break contract and find something else. A ticket was created but it had the wrong address and said something about a collections hold—I’ve never had Comcast service before so this is definitely a mistake. A second ticket was opened but right as they were closing the calling centers for the day and they told me to call again tomorrow. We need to make a decision soon about whether to buy the house or not, but Comcast is not helping. Given what I’ve seen in these boards, I’m thinking this is a losing battle. We just want to know whether they can service the house and if so, how much it will cost! We are desperate, as we cannot work from home with satellite internet and that’s the only other option.

Please, if someone can help me, I would very grateful.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New House Installation Cancelled

It’s been escalated up to an Official Employee. Be prepared, from start to finish, in the best of times it is not a quick process

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: New House Installation Cancelled

Hi, PCbarbera. Thank you for the detailed post. Congratulations about being under contract. Sorry you've experienced difficulty with the serviceability side of things. I will definitely take a look at your address and see what I can do. 

Please send me a PM with your first and last name, plus your soon-to-be physical address and we will go from there. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!