Community Forum

New Home Construction

New Poster

New Home Construction

I’m in the process of building a new home and wanted to get recommendations on wiring and devices. My goal is to have a next generation Xfinity/Google home for broadband, entertainment and security. I’m currently planning to have: CAT7 cabling; conduit run horizontally and vertically from the home run set up in the basement; 4 zone Nest thermostats; Nest Hello doorbell; Nest Outdoor Camera; Xfinity Home Security; and Xfinity Plume mesh WiFi. I’m looking for suggestions for built in speakers and anything else that I should consider or revise. The house is framed so, I’ve got a few weeks to finalize the plans. Thank you, AlexSal
Official Employee

Re: New Home Construction

You didn’t mention coax

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Good catch, RG6?  Does Comcast come and run that for new construction?

Official Employee

No, you’re on your own but yes RG6

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thought so, thanks.

Do you know if the X1 platform will work with the Hello Nest doorbell and Outdoor Camera?  See who’s at the door or backyard from the TV (TV Pop-up if on on ring or motion - kind of like the old TV CallerID).

Official Employee

No to either. You can see the cameras that are used with the Home Security. Nest camera/doorbell isn’t compatible

Official Employee

AlexSal -- Do you need any further assistance?