Community Forum

New Customer Issue

New Poster

New Customer Issue

I just had Comcast service installed a few hrs ago. When I called cs I told the rep that I had three TVs, two with U-verse and one that I use the firestick and Xbox one s to stream U-verse. I do this to keep equipment cost down. I explained this to the rep and was assured that this would be possible to do with Comcast. After the techs leave I go to watch tv on the firestick. Comcast is not available. I turn on the Xbox. Comcast is not available. Now I’m stuck with a third tv that I can’t use because I don’t have a box. Comcast is considerably higher in price and I started not to switch when I was quoted, because of the price but the rep stating to me that the quality was a lot better was a selling point. One of the reasons I switched from U-verse is bad customer service. Now less than 12 hrs with your service and this is my first experience. Had I been informed that Xfinity was not available on these platforms, I could’ve made the decision to stick with what I had. Now I’m stuck with service that I’m not happy with and have to go through the hassle of reinstating At&T. I understand that you guys want new customers or perhaps to retain customers but lying and/or deceiving people to get them is not the way to do it. I had two awesome techs come to my house and had been having a very pleasant start of a new relationship until this. I called cs and their hands were tied but the rep did offer to send me a third box which would be a $4 increase to my monthly bill. I declined. I’m already paying $30 more for this service and have lost a premium channel so I don’t want to add a new box as price was already an issue. I’m unhappy and will go back to At&T but yesterday and today was a complete waste of time and I’m just disappointed. I thought I was getting away from bad service only to be duped once again.
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: New Customer Issue

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Thank you very much!
Official Employee

Hello Jamialex24, I apologize for the misunderstanding but your Comcast services are not supported on Xbox or fire stick. You can stream TV if you have a Roku device, Tivo, or a cable box provided by Comcast. We can drop your TV service for you if you cannot use it on the platforms that you want but the cost appears to be cheaper with TV added into the package. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.