Community Forum

New Customer- 4 days of missed appts

New Poster

New Customer- 4 days of missed appts

I need help. I ordered CC over a week ago. Self install kit arrived in 2 days. I was notified that outside work would need to be done. I believe they called it a top hat. Promised that work would be completed on Monday. Nobody came, nobody called. I called them. I was promised it would be completed Tuesday. Nobody came, nobody called. Same story for Wednesday and now Thursday. What do I do? My frustration level is huge but I have no other choice of provider. They promise it will be done. They are accommodating on the phone, then nothing. HELP.
Official Employee

Re: New Customer- 4 days of missed appts

It’s called a “hot tap” and if someone has that job, customer contact isn’t made they just go out and ensure that the signal at your ground block is “hot”. As part of the SIK that’s where you hook up the lines you need to hook up your equipment and activate. If you can’t get that far a Fail SIK is set up and a tech comes out to do the install
New Poster

I understand. They have yet to come out. It has been promised since Monday.
Official Employee

Per the notes on your account, you have an install scheduled on 8/10
New Poster

Yes. I just set that up. Finally reached an agent who told me the other install was never on the books. It’s been a ridiculous journey. So frustrating.