Community Forum

New Construction

New Poster

New Construction

I have spoke with Xfinity on 4 different occasions and get a different answer each time. Sometimes I'm told my service will be moved and other times I'm told I am not in the database and they are updating my serviceability ticket.
I am moving to a new home next week and need to move my internet services. I am being told that my new homes address is not in the database yet. However, the home is built and all Xfinity/Comcast equipment is installed. I was told tonight that I would not have service until 9/9 but I close on the house next week. This is an issue since I work from home.
What can I do to get this resolved ASAP?
Expert

Re: New Construction

@Chelsgibson wrote:
I have spoke with Xfinity on 4 different occasions and get a different answer each time. Sometimes I'm told my service will be moved and other times I'm told I am not in the database and they are updating my serviceability ticket.
I am moving to a new home next week and need to move my internet services. I am being told that my new homes address is not in the database yet. However, the home is built and all Xfinity/Comcast equipment is installed. I was told tonight that I would not have service until 9/9 but I close on the house next week. This is an issue since I work from home.
What can I do to get this resolved ASAP?

Until you close on the house you don't have an address to move service to.  At the moment, and until you close, you are not the owner of the property so you cannot legally have service installed.  Comcast is not a utility like your electric, gas and water are so there are different legal obligations.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: New Construction

Thank you for the reply. I have never had this issue before in previous new construction homes. Once I close next week will I be able to get service? I am being told over a week after I close which is a concern.

Again, I appreciate your help!