Community Forum

New Construction Wiring and Accountability

New Poster

New Construction Wiring and Accountability

I recently bought new construction and was told that Comcast would service my location once I moved in. This is very important to me as I need internet at home to work.

Upon moving in, I called Comcast, and was told that a) my address was not in the billing system, and b) my address was not servicable. I asked how I can make the address servicable because 7 of my neighbors around me had Comcast set up (in our 8 unit town home community, I am the only one without internet). I've had multiple people come out to the property and tell me they needed to run some new wiring to account for the increase in units wanting to be serviced since there was only one home before, which is fair. 

I have been trying to get the wiring pushed through design review and sign any kind of contract that I can to start the ball rolling on this, as I have been trying to get service for over 2 months now. I have spoken with virtually every Comcast department, from Corporate in Denver, to my local people at the store, to the local Supervisors, and local techs, and nobody can provide me with any kind of accountability or actually get the ball rolling on this. I call someone from Comcast at least once a day, and have been for the past 2 months (I keep getting referred through some chain of different people throughout the company as listed above).

I'm not sure what else there is left for me to do besides sell my home and move somewhere that will allow me to work freely without having to leech off of internet anywhere I can get it. I just want some kind of accountability and a clear plan of action and timeline to when I will be able to become a paying Comcast customer again.

Can anybody help me with this? I don't mean to come off as rude and I apologize if I have!

Expert

Re: New Construction Wiring and Accountability

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in a day or so, often sooner.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: New Construction Wiring and Accountability

Hi kddude,  I apologize for your experiences trying to get your address set up with services.  I can assist researching this further for you and forward to the right teams accordingly.   I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Expert