Community Forum

New Construction - Site Survey

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New Construction - Site Survey

Striking out with online customer chat support here.

We're moving into a new construction home in July of this year. The previous home on the lot burned down in late 2019 and had active Xfinity service up until that point. How would we go about scheduling a survey to determine what is needed to restore service to the new house on the property?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New Construction - Site Survey

If there was service previously you shouldn’t need a site survey

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks. So what will the initial setup look like for me? There's a pole ~30 feet from my garage where I assume the Xfinity drop is. I assume it would be run from the pole in to the garage (trenched), where my electric panel is. My patch panel is in the basement, which is where I'd like my modem (not in the garage). Any service technician that comes out for a regular scheduled install time will be able to take care of all of this??

If it helps, the previous house was entirely demolished and hauled away. The new house started with a freshly poured foundation, etc..

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Part of the problem is anything past the pole by the garage. Anything that needs trenched or anything I would think would have to be done by you. A site survey is to get service to your property not necessarily to your equipment’s final location.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ok - so I guess what I'm asking for or waiting for here is an official response to figure out what exactly needs to be done by who. My builder said that it would be Comcast/xfinity that would come out and take a look/complete the work, based off of what all of their other new builds in the area have needed to do.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I escalated it up to an Official Employee to help you out

Official Employee

Hello jth5700, it sounds like you need some help with getting a tech out to survey the area. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and street address  by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!