Community Forum

New Construction Payment to Install Cable

New Poster

New Construction Payment to Install Cable

We moved into our new construction home last month.  I called Xfinity about a month ago to establish new service out our new home.  They said it would be 3 - 5 days to a tech to come to our property to see if service is available.  Two weeks later, a tech inspected our property and said service is available, but it is acoss the road at my neighbor's house.  He said they would have to bore under the road to get service to our house.   I called Xfinity today (because no one has called me the entire month to let me know the status).  The rep told me we have to pay $2,190.00 to run the cable to our property.  This amount seems high.  Does anyone know whether this is the going rate?  It seems like I am stuck, because we do not have any other options for internet in our area, other than satellite.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: New Construction Payment to Install Cable

It’s different in every market as every situation is different. If you have any questions only your local construction department would be able to answer them.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I contact the local construction folks?  I have called customer service several times and they assure me that someone from construction will call me.  However, I have not received a call.  I really just need to pay the quoted amount to begin the construction process.  Yet, no one will tell me who I actually need to pay.  Please help!

Diamond Problem Solver

I escalated it up to a colleague, expect a reply here soon

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @Gatorzink, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We appreciate you wanting to continue service with us at your new home. I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back from us but I would love to further assist you with this. Can you please send me a private message including your full name?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!