Community Forum

New Construction - Need to Speak with an Engineer About Running Cable Underground

Regular Visitor

New Construction - Need to Speak with an Engineer About Running Cable Underground

Hi,

I have to say, Comcast has already proven to be extremely disappointing and we haven't even started our service yet...

I have been on the phone 5 times now with customer support trying to speak with someone who can help with New Construction questions.

We are building a new home on vacant land, no address yet, and will have to run power up a trench at least 1500' long. We will need to do cable/utilities at the same time, thus we need to coordinate and speak to a Comcast tech/engineer.

I was given a phone number for New Construction / Engineering 1-866-771-2281

I have called this number 20x, tried to leave messages but EVERY MAILBOX is full, and no one ever answers, it doesn't even ring.

Seriously poor form, Comcast.

How on earth can it be so hard to even become a customer?

I am considering using a wireless internet connection at this point and just bailing on Comcast altogether...

Help?

Expert

Re: New Construction - Need to Speak with an Engineer About Running Cable Underground

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: New Construction - Need to Speak with an Engineer About Running Cable Underground

Hi @nwcatalyst

Unfortunately, you will not be able to speak with anyone directly regarding this, however, I'd be more than happy to start the process to have service provided at your new address once you are able to obtain one because we will have to make sure this address is within our service footprint. I'd also like to clarify that this process does take some time, and will not be resolved overnight. I cannot make any promises that we will be able to coordinate this with your utility providers because of the time that will be needed on our end, but am happy to assist.  

Can you please reach out in a private message so I can begin to gather more details of the location of the new home? In this message can you please provide your first and last name and the phone number that will be associated with your new account?  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!