Community Forum

New Construction Home - Need ASAP

New Poster

New Construction Home - Need ASAP

Hello,

I'm hoping to get a real answer here as chat and customer service through phone has been really unhelpful.

We're moving in tomorrow into a newly built duplex home. Our area is servicable considernig we're surrounded by many apartment homes and an area where Comcast is most used. At least that's what the agent on the chat said.

The address however, does not show up and I get this message:

The address you entered could not be recognized.

They have opened a ticket, but not much else. I was promised an email and phone call confirmation and have received nothing.

I need service within the next 48 hours, I'll even pay express fees if I have to.

Please help. See attached file for reference ticket.

I also need to update the address in that ticket.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

2017-12-20 23_07_27-Xfinity Chat.png
Expert

Re: New Construction Home - Need ASAP

yanderdelgado wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping to get a real answer here as chat and customer service through phone has been really unhelpful.

We're moving in tomorrow into a newly built duplex home. Our area is servicable considernig we're surrounded by many apartment homes and an area where Comcast is most used. At least that's what the agent on the chat said.

The address however, does not show up and I get this message:

The address you entered could not be recognized.

They have opened a ticket, but not much else. I was promised an email and phone call confirmation and have received nothing.

I need service within the next 48 hours, I'll even pay express fees if I have to.

Please help. See attached file for reference ticket.

I also need to update the address in that ticket.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

It's extremely unlikely you'll get service within the next 48 hours - and there isn't a thing like "express fees" to do it.  This is something that should have been set up at least two weeks or so at this time of the year.  If your new home isn't presently wired for cable service you'll need an electrician to do that for you; Comcast no longer fishes wire out of the wall. 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: New Construction Home - Need ASAP

Hi yanderdelgado, 

I'd be more than happy to review the ticket that was opened for you or see if I'm able to find out if we can provide service to your address. As stated above, to make sure we are setting the correct expectations, we cannot guarantee that you will have service within the next 48 hours.

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the ticket number associated with your request and we can go from there.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.