Community Forum

New Construction Conduit/Cable Drop

Regular Visitor

New Construction Conduit/Cable Drop

I am a builder attempting to provide a new construction single family house with a connection.  Speaking with a xfinity technician, he mentioned that the "construction department" would be able to drop pre-stuffed conduit/cable at the site so I can install it concurrently with my utility trenching.  I am unable to get in contact with anyone in the construction department or be directed anywhere within the phone tree when calling customer service.

Regular Visitor

Re: New Construction Conduit/Cable Drop

Anyone able to assist?

Diamond Problem Solver

It’s been escalated but the construction department isn’t going to drop cable for non-customers. It just doesn’t work like that. Use a pull string like anyone else.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response Andrew.  To add a little more clarity: I had originally contacted my local comcast office last August for a size of conduit needed and to which pole I should bury conduit to as there are 4 on my property.  After multiple attempts at an answer, a manager finally set up an "install appointment" with a comcast technician at the site in mid January so they could advise.  At that appointment- the technician and his supervisor said that they would prefer the installation of "pre-stuffed" conduit from their construction department in lieu of customer supplied conduit as it would ease the installation when we transfer our service from our apartment to the build site later this year.  I was supposed to be contacted by the construction department for a conduit drop but have not heard back and have been unable to reach anyone on the xfinity 1-800 that can connect me to them.

Diamond Problem Solver

Yeah, you left out a ton of information from your original post. If you don’t have the contact info, you may have to start from square one

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!