Community Forum

New Address on Street

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

New Address on Street

I just moved to a street with 7 houses on it. 6 of the houses have active Xfinity accounts, mine does not as the previous owner apparently never had an account.  The neighbors on all sides of me, and across the street have Xfinity accounts yet when I check availablity it shows my address is not available. When I check the 5 neighbors immediately next to me the Xfinity availability check show they have active Xfinity accounts and asks If I want to move there.

The Xfinity pedestal borders my property line and then cuts across my property as it serves the other neighbors down the street on both the same side and across the street.

I am within the 125 Foot install radius from the line in the street yet Xfinity continues to say I have to pay $10,500 and run a new wire down some private road, which is non-existant.  Since there is Xfinity cable running across my property (I had it located), and it's within the 125 feet, and I'm surrounded by Xfinity customers on my street, my local County franchise contact has indicated I should be eligible for free Xfinity install and has escalated this issue to Xfinity government affairs, but that could take months and my kids need internet access for school due to Covid-19 only being virtual in their school district.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My last ticket I filed with Xfinity is #1777715. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New Address on Street

@everetts464 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @everetts464, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We appreciate your interest in getting our service(s) and we would love to have you as a customer. I would be more than happy to further look into this serviceability request on my end. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmira I sent the private message around 1-2 hours after it was requested. Is there anything else I should be doing to help speed up the process? I'm just trying to do this as quickly as possible so my kids can have access for their virtual schooling due to Covid. Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Here is the pedestal about five feet from my property line.
CE6EF22C-25F7-474D-AF8F-093268186076.jpeg
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for catching that. If it was moved is it still active for an employee or do I need to send it somewhere else to escalate it?
Highlighted
Expert

@everetts464 wrote:
Thank you for catching that. If it was moved is it still active for an employee or do I need to send it somewhere else to escalate it?

An employee can read it, but any response to you would be unavailable.  Although you're not able to send an attachment, send the rest of the info in the PM as requested.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.