Community Forum

New Address Unservicable

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New Address Unservicable

I am closing on a home on Monday 7/20/20 and although the address shows as serviceable on maps of the area I have been told that it is in fact not. I can't even get anyone to escalate my request to someone that will give me a cost to run the line. The home is approximately 925' from the nearest line. Speaking with the neighbors on the street revealed that they have all been told the same thing as I have, Comcast doesn't service your home, goodbye, click. There are no other viable options in the area as I can't live on 10 Mbps. Please help. I'm willing to pay. I had Embarq run a mile of new line many years ago and they weren't this hard to get an answer from.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New Address Unservicable

@jmcclain62 wrote:

I am closing on a home on Monday 7/20/20 and although the address shows as serviceable on maps of the area I have been told that it is in fact not. I can't even get anyone to escalate my request to someone that will give me a cost to run the line. The home is approximately 925' from the nearest line. Speaking with the neighbors on the street revealed that they have all been told the same thing as I have, Comcast doesn't service your home, goodbye, click. There are no other viable options in the area as I can't live on 10 Mbps. Please help. I'm willing to pay. I had Embarq run a mile of new line many years ago and they weren't this hard to get an answer from.

Unfortunately, at this point, you're going to have to wait until you close on the home on Monday [you don't own it yet] before a site survey can be done.  However, I will go ahead an escalate this so that hopefully this can be done shortly thereafter.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: New Address Unservicable

Hello, jmcclain62! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

We appreciate you reaching out to us about servicing your new home. I'd be more than happy to work with you to see if building out to your home is an available option. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, phone number, email, and your address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!