Community Forum

Netflix

Contributor

Netflix

So I just got my cable package changed after wanting to get rid of my home phone. I am using older boxes and they said if I get the X1 I can access netflix. So do I need to have my own active and paying netflix account or are they offering it free to me? 

I can only see a way to sign up for netflix and pay. Is it basically something like I pay and then can stream it to my TV using the X1 platform?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix

@mws_1984 wrote:

So I just got my cable package changed after wanting to get rid of my home phone. I am using older boxes and they said if I get the X1 I can access netflix. So do I need to have my own active and paying netflix account or are they offering it free to me? 

I can only see a way to sign up for netflix and pay. Is it basically something like I pay and then can stream it to my TV using the X1 platform?

unless they are offering a free period it is charged. if you have the service you can log in on the X1 and use your subscription.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Netflix

Yep, no free Netflix. You have to already have your own Netflix account, and just use the cable box for streaming. Most people already have a smart tv, fire stick, chrome cast, laptop, phone, appletv, roku... Lol to watch netflix on.