Community Forum

Netflix included in Bundle, already Netflix customer

New Poster

Netflix included in Bundle, already Netflix customer

I just upgraded my service and Netflix is now included with my bundle. The Netflix app is supposed to permit you to add your existing Netflix account, but this is not working for me. Customer service has not been helpful and do not seem to understand the issue. Looking for help with this issue.
Screenshot_20180512-221841.png
Admin1

Re: Netflix included in Bundle, already Netflix customer

Hi Phillysean215 -- We can help with your Netflix issue. What happens when you try to pull up Netflix on your X1?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It asks me to either sign in or start a free month of Netflix.
Official Employee

Did you go here first to associate your Netflix account to your Comcast account?
https://secure.comcast.net/profile

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi Comcast Andrew! I am having the same exact issue!  I went to the website that you said, https://secure.comcast.net/profile, however Netflix does not show up as one of the Apps.? 

Can you further assist? Thank you. 

Capture.JPG
Official Employee

Hey All, I found this: 

"One common problem to be aware of is inadvertently signing up for an additional Netflix subscription on Xfinity X1 while already having an existing Netflix subscription that is using a different method of payment. If this happens and you would like to cancel your Comcast-billed Netflix account, please contact us. To cancel or request credits for any other Netflix accounts, please contact Netflix support at Netflix.com/help."

I couldn't find anything about being able to merge an existing Netflix account to the new one being billed in your package. 

KenF

Valued Contributor

The process is "supposedly" automated as far as porting the billing information over.  If you have Netflix included with your Comcast package you should just be able to sign into the Netflix X1 app on the box with your existing Netflix account credentials and it will convert the billing over.

Official Employee

You're right Ronny_Cordova--

Just found out that your existing account can be linked. There is a linking wizard that will open when you use an email that is associated with your existing Netflix account. 

KenF

New Poster

I already did all that and there is no linking wizard. I signed in and went into Netflix settings and everything. Netflix says there should be a word called link before signing in and there is not.
New Poster

Use your XFinity account information (Login email and password) to open netflix on a ROKU or other streaming device.  be sure to cancel any subscription you have already had before.  Otherwise you will continue to be billed for that one.

Official Employee

cgraubard, I found this: 

Customers that have provided us with an email that matches a Netflix account:

1. Select the Netflix app from the X1 apps menu.
  2. Select Get started.
  3. Link their Neflix account to their Xfinity account by selecting Link this Netflix account (after which they will be prompted to enter your Netflix password) or choose to link a different account.
  4. If they choose to use a different email address / link a different account, they will be prompted to enter it on screen.
  5. Select Accept and start watching to confirm that they will now be billed for Netflix by Comcast. They can now begin viewing content. If changes are needed, select Back.

If this work flow doesn't come up for you when you enter the email address, I would recommend trying a different email. 

KenF