Community Forum

Net Neutrality

New Poster

Net Neutrality

With the repeal of net neutrality you may have gotten what you wanted Comcast but luckily as a consumer I have a choice to stop giving you my money. If at anytime my internet speeds start to slow or websites are blocked or throttled by you or you devise new internet plans with different speed price points I will cancel my home phone and internet with you. If Netflix goes up in price because you've forced them to pay a fee to allow their video to stream quickly, I will stop doing business with you Comcast. Thankfully Governer Jay Inslee has said he will prevent you from violating net neutrality in Washington state but even if you do it to other citizens in other states I will switch to another company. In fact, I may just do that now out of principle. 

New Poster

Re: Net Neutrality

Well said

Contributor

Re: Net Neutrality

forget what i said previously in my other thread(s) where i stated, even if NN was abolished, we would still stay with comcast. we have decided, to drop comcast (if) we start to see substantial slow downs on certain websites such as youtube and news services and even chat forums.when i say substantial i mean anywhere from 65% to 90% of the time spent online. me in particular. i remember last year i think when my speed was throttled down after i activated and got this pc online. soon comcast would see their customers flee in droves. will have no choice but to give out splendid bonuses to keep them from convering over to lets say, directv or dish. that is our choice, we might go with satellite option.