Community Forum

Net Neutrality Repeal

Frequent Visitor

Net Neutrality Repeal

This is an open letter to let Comcast (and any other ISP that cares to read) to let you know the following:

If, for ANY reason, in the wake of the repeal of Net Neutrality on 12/14/2017,

my internet service is detrimentally affected in ANY WAY,

including the loss of either UP SPEED or DOWN SPEED,

on ANY website or web service that I access,

I WILL CANCEL SERVICE IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY.

I've lived off the Internet grid before, and I'll DO IT AGAIN IF I HAVE TO.

I will not be treated as a lesser customer in any way simply becase I do not have the money to pay for legalized corporate blackmail.

I'm sorry, but Internet Service IS a utility in the USA, and ISP's as SHOULD be regulated as such.  Electricity wasn't considered a "utility" when it first began to become widely available; laws had to be made.  Now, the Internet is every bit as prevalent as electricity, and it also should be regulated fairly as such.

Comcast, you've basically been handed a free pass to abuse your customers.  I hope you don't take advantage of that fact.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Net Neutrality Repeal

David,  do you mind if I copy and paste your message to comcast, I feel the same way, and you said it well.  There is a requirement that if Comcast does throttle, they are supposed to disclose that fact to consumers....I don't know how to find that type of disclosure on their site, but maybe with enough pressure they will make it known?  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Net Neutrality Repeal

SJH134 wrote:

David,  do you mind if I copy and paste your message to comcast, I feel the same way, and you said it well.  There is a requirement that if Comcast does throttle, they are supposed to disclose that fact to consumers....I don't know how to find that type of disclosure on their site, but maybe with enough pressure they will make it known?  Thanks.

Permission happily granted.