Community Forum

Neighborhood Serviceability

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Neighborhood Serviceability

I live in a semi-rural area in El Dorado County. A majority of the unincorporated township I live in is actually serviced by comcast/xfinity. Service stops a little ways from us in the subvision we live in. I reached out requesting a site survey last year and the effort was fruitless. After living here sometime and getting to know our surrounding neighbors, we've found that everyone JUST outside of the current footprint would give an arm or leg to be able to get cable internet. While my individual pursuit totally failed last year, I have to wonder if our neighborhood bands together and expresses true interest in comcast extending service to the rest of our subdivision...is there a higher chance of success? 

So this question is to Comcast support - what would it take for you guys to extend your existing footprint here in the Sierra Springs subdivision of Pollock Pines? 

Thanks-

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Neighborhood Serviceability

It won’t hurt try another site survey, it could be that because you are out of the footprint that it wouldn’t make economic sense to increase the footprint, another company may have rights, or that local Comcast isn’t budgeted to add services

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How does one go about requesting a new site survey. Last time that took place, I posted to this forum and someone from Comcast reached out and got that ball rolling. 

We have several neighbors that would like to request as well. I've read other forum posts indicating calling the CS line got them nowhere and most seemed to have secured site surveys through this forum instead. It would be much simpler if there were a specific number that could be called to request. Any ideas?

Thanks-

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, sdt0012. Thank you for your continued interest in our service. We hope you are doing well. I can work with you on submitting another site survey, to see if you might have a different answer this time. To start that process, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!