Community Forum

Negative option billing

Highlighted
New Poster

Negative option billing

Three years ago Comcast signed a consent decree and paid a large fine to the FCC because of their practice of negative option billing.  This month they suddenly added service to my bill that I did not order.  <Edited>  How do I stop this?  <Edited>

Frequent Visitor

Re: Negative option billing

Out of curiosity, what service did they add to your bill, and how much was it?

Administrator

Re: Negative option billing

@WaltHaas wrote:

Three years ago Comcast signed a consent decree and paid a large fine to the FCC because of their practice of negative option billing.  This month they suddenly added service to my bill that I did not order.  <Edited>  How do I stop this?  <Edited>

@WaltHaas,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. I can certainly understand your frustration when your bill goes up. We have made some changes in the previous year; we now require the customer's approval for any changes to their Comcast services (including one's that do not change your monthly price). 

Typically, the number one reason a bill will go up from one month to the next (if you have not made any changes) is that a promotion that you were on may have expired. We will inform you of promotion expiration dates on MyAccount and on your bills leading up the that change. We always recommend that you do a side by side comparison of your previous bill and this month's bill to better understand what may have changed. 

If you would like specific details about your account and what has changed from last month, I am happy to do so. For account security purposes, please send me a private message with your full name, your account number, address, and phone number and we can discuss this further. To send a private message, click on my username and then click the button for "Send a message".

Additionally, while we can certainly understand your frustration we ask that in the future you refrain from posting any remarks that may violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/bd-p/Guidelines). This includes inflammatory remarks about Comcast, our employees, or our products/services. Continued violations of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines could result in a revocation of a user's posting privileges. 

Thank you in advance for your time and understanding, we look forward to hearing from you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!