Community Forum

Need to transfer account and payment details urgently

Highlighted
New Poster

Need to transfer account and payment details urgently

Hi, due to COVID-19, I have had to shift out of my house back to India. I currently pay for the house WiFi and wish to transfer the account and payment details to the other roommate who is still staying on in that house. Would appreciate if you could suggest next steps to begin this transfer. I seem to be a secondary user on this account right now, because this account was initially in the name of another roommate before me who left and transferred payment details to me. Can you please advice urgently? Thank you. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Need to transfer account and payment details urgently

@niharika90 wrote:

Hi, due to COVID-19, I have had to shift out of my house back to India. I currently pay for the house WiFi and wish to transfer the account and payment details to the other roommate who is still staying on in that house. Would appreciate if you could suggest next steps to begin this transfer. I seem to be a secondary user on this account right now, because this account was initially in the name of another roommate before me who left and transferred payment details to me. Can you please advice urgently? Thank you. 

Link below should assist: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-your-primary-account-user

Transferring Admin Rights

1. Sign in to My Account as the primary user.
  2. Click the Users tab at the top.
  3. In the primary user’s name field, click Transfer Admin Rights.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select the secondary user you'd like to transfer admin rights to.
  5. Click Save.

Note: If there are no existing secondary users on the account, you will need to invite a new user before continuing. To do this, click Add a New User, next to the drop-down menu.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!