Community Forum

Need to downgrade to internet only! No customer service!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Need to downgrade to internet only! No customer service!!

In an effort to save money and cut back on bills, I need to get rid of my cable and just keep the internet with Comcast.  I have already disconnected the cable boxes, and I have been trying for days to get through to a customer service agent to cancel my tv cable.  I have also searched online for how to downgrade, but only options are for upgrading! So how do I do this? And now I've already received my next bill! And I'm not even using the cable because it's been disconnected!  Will someone PLEASE contact me so that I can cancel my tv cable? 

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need to downgrade to internet only! No customer service!!

Xfinity doesn't allow you to downgrade service online, just upgrade. I contacted customer service via the toll-free number and told them I have gig speed alternative that's much less expensive than the local-channel TV+internet package that has been going up dramatically in price. The representative was friendly and said "helpful" things, but every option she provided to my request to provide a competitive option was an upsell. I finally said thanks, but nothing you've offered meets what I requested up front. I went ahead and ordered a new connection. They make it very difficult to find how to cancel your service. I sent two cancel requests online that were supposed to be responded to withing two days. Nothing. I can't confirm my service is canceled so I deleted my online payment info. Sorry for the data dump, but my recommendation is to use another provider if that's at all an option.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for your information.  I still never received a reply from Comcast about my email. Very frustrating!  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello bruha27, I can certainly help you with downgrading to internet only. To get started could you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!