Community Forum

Need service to a new area

Regular Visitor

Need service to a new area

Hi,

Earlier this week, I called Xfinity regarding getting service to a neighborhood where there is currently no Xfinity service available (where we've purchased a property, but don't live at yet). I talked to a customer service rep (Lily, and she was awesome BTW). I shared a bunch of information with the rep, including the fact that the house immediately to our west has Xfinity service and that our neighborhood has existing conduit and stub-ups in place. The customer service rep told me the request would be forwarded to the new services team (or some name like that), gave me a ticket number, and said to expect a response in the next three days or so.

The next day, I got a canned, recorded response that essentially said "Thank you for your recent interest in Xfinity services. Unfortunately, Xfinity services are not available in your area at this time". Ok, well, yes... I know that already. That was the reason I contacted Xfinity to begin with, and was the topic of my entire conversation with the customer service rep.

I feel like someone at Xfinity simply checked a service area map, saw we we're not currently in a served area, and sent us a canned response, without paying any attention to the details the customer service rep and I discussed. I'd very much like to continue this conversation and see what options we might have to obtain Xfinity service in our neighborhood.

How can I pursue this further?

Thanks,

Lance

Regular Visitor

Re: Need service to a new area

Suggestions? I'd really like to continue to pursue this.

Official Employee

Re: Need service to a new area

Hello lancejohnston. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. It sounds as if a ticket was already opened for you and routed to our Serviceability Team. If so, this is the only team at Comcast whom carefully evaluates our existing infrastructure and footprint maps, in order to determine if we are able to extend service to an address. If this is the team who has worked your ticket, and if they have determined we are not able to offer your address services, then their findings are final. If you would like me to research the ticket that was opened for you, and determine if these steps have or have not been taken, I would be happy to help. Please send me a private message and include your full name and the ticket number you were provided, so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!