Community Forum

Need new construction help

Regular Visitor

Need new construction help

I have recently built a new home and called comcast to come out and install service. When the tech arrived he called a supervisor to come out for a look.

I was informed that they would have to get with the engineering and then the construction department to add a node so they could complete the install and to give them a week.  A week passed and I did not hear from anyone so I called and was told the order was canceled but not by whom.  I went to a retail store and set up a new appointment for the next Friday (took another day off work) and was told there were two open tickets. One for a node he thought and one for install. 

Friday came and a private contractor showed up to do the installation (3 hours late) but there was no node.  He made a couple of calls to his superviser and she made a call to someone at comcast.  I was told to wait 48hrs and check on the progress.  I went back to the retail store and was told my address was unservicable.

I called corporate office and recived information that the nearest tap was a bit outside of the maximum range and it was deemed too expensive to install a new one for a single customer.  I was then given the option to pay $6650+ for a tap/node or something. 

I have been a comcast customer for almost 20 years at 2 commercial locations and my home office.  That is around $600 a month.

Could one of you gentlmen please look into this for me and see if there is another option.  Could I hire the contractor and pay them to install this service tap/node???  Any help/insight you could give me would be helpful.  At&t is not available in my area they say.

Official Employee

Re: Need new construction help

Hello drfcwilson, if we have already sent a crew out and they have determined the home is outside of our footprint or if they have determine a dollar amount it will take to bring services then the decision is final. If you'd like I can confirm this on my end to be sure, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".