Community Forum

Need help upgrading equipment

Frequent Visitor

Need help upgrading equipment

I’ve been trying to update my equipment and what a nightmare it has been. We want the updated XFi advanced gateway (XB6). and the new voice control remotes for X1, the XR15 remotes. I called and spent an hour on the phone trying to order this equipment and was very clear on what we would like. The agent assured me everything was ordered and that was that.

Package came yesterday with the same remote we have now (the XR11) and only one when I ordered 4 remotes, and the exact same modem I have now. Nothing was what I asked for. Called again and the person I talked to have no idea about the new equipment and only answer she gave me was go to nearest xfinity store. That’s an hour away from me and I work two jobs so that’s impossible.

Would like to get this resolved and the correct equipment, and I needed it shipped to me. Can anyone help?

Call center should be more educated on the new equipment
Frequent Visitor

Re: Need help upgrading equipment

If you go to the store, there is way better customer service. I know when I call, it's horrible.

Official Employee

Re: Need help upgrading equipment

Hello BearPaw02. We apologize for any miscommunication. I can assist with getting the proper order placed for the XR15 remotes and the XB6 D3.1 modem. If you need a return kit for the wrong modem, I can ship a prepaid return label so that can be shipped back as well. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!