Community Forum

Need help getting an aerial-to-underground Xfinity/Comcast connection

New Poster

Need help getting an aerial-to-underground Xfinity/Comcast connection

I'm building a new residential single-family house in Arlington, VA and I would like to connect to the overhead Comcast cable lines with an underground connection (as opposed to having an overhead line running to my house).

Is there someone at Comcast that I can put my builder in touch with to make the necessary arrangements?  An underground conduit will need to be installed.

I do not wish to start cable service at this time, as the house will not be completed for another few months.  I just want to make arrangements for the physical hook-up to the house.

I had originally posted about this a few months ago, but the thread went stale and I still don't have the information I need.  None of Xfinity's customer service representatives answering the phones seem to know what I'm talking about either.

Expert

Re: Need help getting an aerial-to-underground Xfinity/Comcast connection

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Need help getting an aerial-to-underground Xfinity/Comcast connection

Hello EricWang, I can help you make sure your home is serviceable and arrange for a tech to come out and install a tap at the new development so when you're ready cable services can be installed. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and a good contact number?