Community Forum

Need a technician

Regular Visitor

Need a technician

I am so upset, I have been having problems with my internet for 2 months straight now. The US/DS buttons are blinking and the online button is not lit up at all. So a technician was scheduled to troubleshoot the connection & modem. I was told by the CSR that he was only supposed to troubleshoot the inside of the house (modem & cables).

Basically, the problem is obviously outside the house because I have had 2 new modems & all the cables in the house have been replaced. So the technician went to look at the box outside the house behind the fence & he said that he couldn't get to it because of trees. There have been several other Comcast technicians who literally jumped the neighbor's fence & fix the box many times before. But this particular tech did not know he was supposed to go on the neighbor's side & there's a clear path to the box, just like the other techs did. There are no trees on the neighbor's side of the fence that leads to the box. So he complained to his supervisor & lied about not being able to access the box. He wasn't even supposed to do the outside work, but only troubleshoot the modem anyways. Now it has been wrongly marked on my account & I have no way to fix this.

I work online & am required to only be connected to a secure fast home network but now that's impossible (I'm connected to a public wifi right now). How do I fix this? I think that wire in the backyard needs to be replaced. I need a tech to check the wire that runs in the backyard in the ground or either the box behind the fence because those are the only two things that could possibly be stopping the internet connection. 

Expert

Re: Need a technician

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

TeaJay1, I can send a tech to check on that outdoor wiring. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Official Employee

TeaJay1, glad we were able to help you via private message. Please post again if you need anything else.