Community Forum

Need a technician to come fix equipment outside of home

New Poster

Need a technician to come fix equipment outside of home

On Thursday night we had a lightning strike either equiment extremely close to our apartment building, or it actually struck the building itself. Even though all of our electronics are protected by surge protectors a laptop was fried, an ethernet hub, and an audio jack on another computer as well as our internet going out. We have now gotten new cables, two new modems, and everything is hooked up correctly, however the internet is still not working. 

The power light is on, the US/DS light is rapidly flashing, the online light is off, and the two wifi lights are on. We have called customer service at least 4 times now, and they have made us go through the same troubleshooting every time, which we have already done. Reset router, check cables, etc. We even had a technician come out and check the cables outside our apartment, however we were not home at the time, we got the notification that he had come and the service request was complete. Upon arriving home, internet is still out. We reset router, go through the same troubleshooting again to no avail. None of our other neighbors have internet either.

It is overwhelmingly apparent that the issue is electrical equipment outside our apartment building and we need a technician to come fix the issue. The customer service line has been exceedingly unhelpful and we both not only work during the week, but also work from home and absolutely need our internet back. As for hotspots, there is one that is far enough away that it has maybe two bars and we are unable to connect because the connection is too weak and honestly probably doesn't work either. I'm posting here because the last customer service individual hung up on us after he told us he would look to see what the technician reported upon visiting the outside of our home. 

We can't wait a week for some other tech to come out and do nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

(posting this from cell phone hotspot)

Expert

Re: Need a technician to come fix equipment outside of home

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Need a technician to come fix equipment outside of home

Hi @Tabbz

Sorry for the delayed reply. I can try to see if we have any sooner appointments available, but cannot make any promises. As for the lightning strike that you stated damage some of your items, I would like to start the process for a damage claim. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.