I had a new installation on a newly constructed house in March 2020. The installation tech (who was outstanding!) said I need to finish my house wiring and then I could call for an appointment to have him install the 2nd line phone block on the service panel for the 2nd line connection.
I have tried every channel to contact Xfinity to set up an appointment (it could be tomorrow or three months from now I just need to set one up). The Chat said I needed to call Tier 2 support to get this done because of C-19. The Xfinity reverse robo-answering service justs jerks me around for 15 minutes and the drops the call. Someone please help me. Thank you.
1. How was your house wired? Did they wire standard RJ45 jacks to every room? This is what was done to a new home we purchased in 2017. All of my jacks are RJ45 and wired with CAT5E Ethernet cable. If this is the case this is how I ahve mine wired.
1. Install a Leviton Telephone Distriibuton Panel - Part Number: 476TL-T12. This will allow 4 voice lines to be distributed to 12 differnt locations. You willl NOT have to modify any of your RJ45 to RJ45 CAT5E or better cabling that may exist in your home.
2. Plug the Xfinity Model RJ11 Phone connection into the Leviton Panel using a standard RJ11 phne cable.
3. Plug the RJ45 CAT5E Ethenet Cabble that is conneted to the wall jack that you want to conenct the phone to. Make sure you do NOT plug this into a network switch or ethernet card.
4. At the phone jack you will need a RJ45 to RJ11 cabel to connect to your phone. I purchased these from Amazon (Manufacturer: VASTER SKU: US-A-20044-6). I use this cable to connect to my two line phone.
This works for me and allows me to quickly reconfigure a RJ45 jack from computer to phone as needed.