Community Forum

Need a Gamer Internet Plan

Highlighted
New Poster

Need a Gamer Internet Plan

Xbox is moving to a subscription model with gaming.  Having a Netflix of gaming.  This is taking up a lot of the 1.2 TB data cap.  These games are getting close to 100GB in-game size, so if I want to try a few games, and my kids what to try a few games my data caps are already getting close to being maxed out, even with the increase to 1.2 TB.  This doesn't take in the updates for the games I own that also require large patches 20+ GB, that happen during the month.  Add in streaming Netflix, Disney +, and stream a few shows or movies in 4K and you can see how the data caps are inadequate, and will just lead to overcharges.  I suggest Comcast add a Gamer internet plan that provides a higher data cap or charge a smaller fee for the unlimited data plan instead of $50 additional for unlimited data. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Need a Gamer Internet Plan

@Brobruh wrote:

Xbox is moving to a subscription model with gaming.  Having a Netflix of gaming.  This is taking up a lot of the 1.2 TB data cap.  These games are getting close to 100GB in-game size, so if I want to try a few games, and my kids what to try a few games my data caps are already getting close to being maxed out, even with the increase to 1.2 TB.  This doesn't take in the updates for the games I own that also require large patches 20+ GB, that happen during the month.  Add in streaming Netflix, Disney +, and stream a few shows or movies in 4K and you can see how the data caps are inadequate, and will just lead to overcharges.  I suggest Comcast add a Gamer internet plan that provides a higher data cap or charge a smaller fee for the unlimited data plan instead of $50 additional for unlimited data. 

This might be helpful to you.  However, apparently the link to add the service isn't working so you'll need to call.

https://dataplan.xfinity.com/unlimited/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!