Community Forum

Need Help with Data Usage Error

New Poster

Need Help with Data Usage Error

My family usually uses 240-300 GB per month in data, so I was quite surprised when I received a warning of exceeding our 1024GB allowance in September. Xfinity not only says we did surpass it, but that  in the final 36 hours of the month, after changing the wifi password, that 209 GB were used. This is after using 244 GB in the entire month of August. No devices or usage patterns have changed and during that 36 hours only 3 devices were even reconnected to the wifi. This is clearly incorrect, but after spending hours on the phone with multiple representatives and being told absolutely no information other than what I can already see in my XFi app, I am at a loss for what to do. Our account says that in the 2 hours that people were awake and home this morning, 42 GB were already used...that is usually 5 days worth of data. Clearly there is a problem and I don't know where else to turn because no one is remotely helpful on the phone. If this is not fixed, this will surely be our last month as Xfinity customers.

New Poster

Re: Need Help with Data Usage Error

We are having the same exact problem. Our account says we’ve used 100 gigs today alone!
New Poster

Re: Need Help with Data Usage Error

Yes, we have disconnected nearly every device, have changed our password and it still says we've used 109 GB since yesterday morning! My phone is one of two devices still connected and we've run a diagnostic on my phone and its not doing anything in the background to use data.

I've spoken with 6 people, but they all seem to just say something to the effect of, "I agree that's unusal usage for your account, have you tried changing your password?"