Community Forum

Need Comcast to move their cable to new pole - old pole falling over - help

New Poster

Need Comcast to move their cable to new pole - old pole falling over - help

There is a utility pole in front of my house that is falling over - ComEd has come out and put a new pole next to it (and transferred their lines over to the new pole). AT&T has come out and said 'the next cable belongs to Comcast - you need to contact them and have them come out and move their Cable over. Then we will move the telephone cable and remove the old falling utility pole'

I won't go into details - but have placed several calls to customer service and gotten nowhere.

Can I get some help here??

Thanks

Ron

**just to be clear - there is NO cable coming from this pole to my house.  The cable that needs to be moved is a very big/heavy cable that runs from pole to pole thru the neighborhood (looks to me like this is the cable that 'feeds' your service to the neighborhood)** 

New Poster

Re: Need Comcast to move their cable to new pole - old pole falling over - help

I have the same problem! The pole is paper-thin falling over. It's right in the middle of our yard which we do not take service from that pole. Does anybody know how to get them to move their stuff. I'm not even sure if there is anybody using cable from thatpole.
Official Employee

Qdjfsuakdhjbbhh, thanks for letting us know about that pole! I'd be happy to get our construction team out there to repair the pole or replace it altogether. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@ComcastKenF  Hi! I saw your reply here, and we could use assistance as well. We also have a new pole that JCPL installed and moved new lines to. Comcast lines still need to be moved over. Would you be able to help? I wasn't able to find the PM option on your profile. Thanks!!

New Poster

Hi @ComcastKenF, I have a similar issue: a section of our property is being re-zoned as a parking lot and the xfinity pole needs to be removed/relocated. I tried clicking on your profile but saw no option to send a private message. I'd really appreciate your help with this issue. Thanks.

Expert

@nateb2 wrote:

Hi @ComcastKenF, I have a similar issue: a section of our property is being re-zoned as a parking lot and the xfinity pole needs to be removed/relocated. I tried clicking on your profile but saw no option to send a private message. I'd really appreciate your help with this issue. Thanks.

The pole probably isn't Comcast's, but the lines on it may be.

FWiW, KenF is no longer helping in the community.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi @Again, thank you for your reply. There are no other lines (electric, phone etc.) on the pole, so I don't see who else it could belong to. Do you have any ideas on who to get in touch with?

Expert

@nateb2 wrote:

Hi @Again, thank you for your reply. There are no other lines (electric, phone etc.) on the pole, so I don't see who else it could belong to. Do you have any ideas on who to get in touch with?

Are there any identifying "plates" fastened to the pole?  Usually they belong to the phone company.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.