Community Forum

Need Better Service Option/Plan. Please.

Frequent Visitor

Need Better Service Option/Plan. Please.

My bill is out of control. Each time Ive called in to discuss and try to make it more manageable, i have literally been misled over the phone and signed up for bigger and more costly packages that i don’t need. I’ve had to stop speaking by phone with the company, or opt to record the calls to protect myself and inform the agent they’re being recorded. It shouldn’t be like this. I’m incredibly disappointed and getting angrier and angrier.

It’s not that complicated: i need very fast Internet for my work (which i have yet to ever receive in the years at this location, despite signing up for the fastest option); I’d like basic cable with a few added channels we watch; i don’t need a phone line at all and haven’t used a landline in 9 years; I’d like to lose a good 80% of the offered channels in my current package. They’re unwanted and unnecessary.

Worse, I see no way to change packages online at all and I’m starting to realize there may be zero way to stop the hundreds of dollars/mo getting drained from my bank account, at all—by phone, online or in-store. Once i agreed to these terms (that i was lied to about in the first place), I’m stuck: Absolutely nothing i can do to keep from going broke; losing my home and living out of a cardboard box on the street — Comcast leeches hundreds/month in money i do not have, but scramble to pay late, just to keep my connection on so i can actually work and not get fired. ... So i can pay it all back to Comcast, late each month because i can’t afford it, for services i do not want or need while never actually getting the services I am supposedly paying for. ... And, around and around the hamster wheel goes....

I’ve made no secret here about what I think about Lousy practices in the last decade; but i keep hoping that even a tiny bit of my opinion is wrong, on some level—ANY level. So far, though, not finding any positives—from receiving basic assistance to having reasonable and decent options for getting connected. What happened to you, Comcast? You’ve changed, man. You used to be cool. ...

Official Employee

Re: Need Better Service Option/Plan. Please.

Decantrix, thanks for posting. Let's take a look at our options. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.