Community Forum

Navigating a billing dispute

Highlighted
New Poster

Navigating a billing dispute

Hi Xfinity forum,

I have landed here because I found it impossible to contact customer service at this time. I totally get the need to be flexible during this time as they adjust to new remote work protocols.

That said, who do I complain to when my bill jumped from $39.95 to $69.95? My service also declined at this time from 75 mbps to 60 mbps. Now that doesn't seem right. 

So what's up? Do I just cancel my plan and start with a different provider?

Thanks,

SE

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Navigating a billing dispute during a pandemic??

@SE20 wrote:

Hi Xfinity forum,

I have landed here because I found it impossible to contact customer service at this time. I totally get the need to be flexible during this time as they adjust to new remote work protocols.

That said, who do I complain to when my bill jumped from $39.95 to $69.95? My service also declined at this time from 75 mbps to 60 mbps. Now that doesn't seem right. 

So what's up? Do I just cancel my plan and start with a different provider?

Thanks,

SE

Increases in your bill can usually be found in the notes section of your previous billing statement.  If you were in a contract it sounds as though the contract expired and you are now in every day pricing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Navigating a billing dispute during a pandemic??

Hi SE20. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. Apologies for any frustration caused. We certainly value your business, and want to make sure you are in a plan that fits your needs, and that is priced comfortably for you. I can assist with reviewing your account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!