Community Forum

Name Change Transfer Agreement

Regular Visitor

Name Change Transfer Agreement

My husband, an account holder since 1973 died May 25, 2018. I went to the Comcast Center on Concord Pike in Wilmington DE. I presented the Certificate of Death to the representative.  A Name Change Transfer Agreement was filled out to change the name on the account to me. This was completed 12/4/17. The name on the Change Completed By was written as M~~~H~~~ and Operator ID was written as D5(or S)J.

The current two year contract for our services runs out January 27, 2018. I wanted to find out how to renew the contract and contacted Comcast today. The Customer Representative told me the account showed a name change request but it had not been executed and I could make no changes to the account. She told me to go back to the Comcast Center and start over, even though I have the signed Name Change Transfer Agreement in hand. I was told to stay at the Comcast Center until the name change was made. I don't think this will work as the people at the Center don't have such authority.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Official Employee

Re: Name Change Transfer Agreement

Hello g1bs0n. I can assist with reviewing the account and account holder notations. After a review of the account, I can give you accurate advice on how to proceed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.