Community Forum

NEW TV

New Poster

NEW TV

I want to connect a TV bought for a bedroom to cable.  An old cable line is there, but not used for at least 6 or more years.  Is is possible to get the cable and box myself and have it done without having to get a tech out here?  And then how do I activate it?  New to this.  Thanks 

Official Employee

Re: NEW TV

Paulette1950 -- You would need to see where that cable goes and if it could be connected. Of course, you can do this yourself, however, it is recommended that a technician split the cable and install a spliter. The signal needs to be in spec for that outlet and the right splitter needs to be used.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I do have someone from Comcast coming out today , or they are supposed between 3:00 and 5:00. They were supposed to come Sunday, so we'll see if they do today. Thanks for your reply.
Official Employee

Of course, and thank you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!