Community Forum

NEED HELP!! Waiting almost 3 weeks for service to be connected!!

New Poster

NEED HELP!! Waiting almost 3 weeks for service to be connected!!

Hi, I'm at my wits end here and hoping SOMEONE can help me, since I've had no luck with the many phone and chat reps I've spoken to over the past few weeks.

I ordered the Comcast triple play bundle on September 10, choosing the self-install option. On September 11, I got a message saying that a technician would have to come by and do outside work to actually hook up my service. According to the message, this would be happening on September 14, and no one needed to be home as it was all outside work. Ok, no problem.

Well, without anyone ever calling me to let me know they weren't coming, Comcast apparently "rescheduled" this appointment for the following business day, Sept. 17, when the technician never came on the 14th. I found this out when I called to troubleshoot the service that I thought had been connected.

That began the apparently endless process I am currently stuck in, where literally every single day, I am told that a technician is coming, and then the visit doesn't happen and mysteriously gets "rescheduled" (with ZERO communication to me) for the next day. Monday will make THREE WEEKS since I signed up for service, today marks TWO WEEKS of trying every single day to get my service connected... and yet I still have no service.

By my count, today made the 12th appointment that Comcast just didn't feel like keeping with me. Doesn't the customer guarantee say I am owed restitution for that??

Honestly, at this point, all I want is either for someone to come hook up my service OR for someone to just let me know that, nope, it's never going to happen so I can send all this equipment back.

WAYYYY beyond frustrated and very tired of talking to agents who all say exactly the same thing... "They will be there tomorrow, I PROMISE!!" 😑
Official Employee

Re: NEED HELP!! Waiting almost 3 weeks for service to be connected!!

Hi there, Heathermjarvis. I want to help out in any way I can. Can you please private messages your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!