Community Forum

My service and contract were changed without my permission, now paying double.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My service and contract were changed without my permission, now paying double.

I am having this same issue. I signed up for a one-year contract for $60 for internet only at 200MPS. Then a charge was added for router for $14, although I already owned a router. I called several times, it was very frustrating, and the charge was never removed, although they said it would be. Then, without notice, my service was change to an TV plan and internet was reduced to 100mps and my bill was increased to about $110. I called and spent over an hour on the phone with customer service, they said I had ordered this new service, but I do not, this is a mistake, I did not make the order and I did not authorize the change with a message to my email or phone number to verify, this was recognized as a mistake and nothing has been done about it! Further, it would be ridiculous for me to order any TV services because I do not even own a television. I haven’t watched TV in decades. I only require an internet connection. Then they said they could not restore the previous service even though I had a contract. Why will comcast xfinity not honor their own contract? They said they would escalate the issue, but I have not heard back at all and that was weeks ago. Now my bill is $124.47/mo. which includes a $17 broadcast TV fee, which is free over the airways and again, I do not even own a television. If this is not resolved, my contract returned to the original agreement and my bill adjusted to what I agreed to by contact, I will have no choice but to cancel. This does indeed seem to be a very unscrupulous way to conduct business.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: My service and contract were changed without my permission, now paying double.

Hello @jgerstn, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. It's upsetting to hear about the troubles you have experienced with your services. We value you as a customer and this is definitely not the type of service we strive for our customers to receive. I would be more than happy to assist you further looking into these billing and account concerns.  

I have responded to your private message and look forward to hearing back from you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: My service and contract were changed without my permission, now paying double.

Thank you! I've just seen your message and wrote back to you.