Community Forum

My new address was not found in Comcast's billing sysyem

New Poster

My new address was not found in Comcast's billing sysyem

I'm moving to a new home next week and am trying to transfer my services to the the new address. A customer service rep called me and told me my new address was not found in their billing system, does this mean that the house cannot be serviced by Comcast? The previous owner had the house wired for WOW ... I just agreed to a 2 year contract after being re-assured by Comcast customer service rep that i would be able to transfer all of my services to the new address. Has anyone else gone through something like this? Thanks
Valued Contributor

Re: My new address was not found in Comcast's billing sysyem

These are questions you should have asked the rep. Was a serviceability ticket done or were they just calling back from your move request?
EDIT: To go in depth. If your address isn't there it either 1) never had comcast service or 2) is not able to have comcast service.
The serviceability request figures out if you CAN have service, and gets the ball rolling to get the services. The rep should have known this, and explained it to you, and/or asked if you wanted a request submitted (unless he flat out knew it wasn't serviceable, if so, then you should have been told) Sorry to ramble.