Community Forum

My bill just increased by $30 this month.

New Poster

My bill just increased by $30 this month.

My bill went up by $30 this month. I was told  by a customer service rep that my contract expired. I didn't know I was 'in a contract' that was going to expire or change prices after 12 months. Is there anyway I can go back to the price that I was paying all last year?
I called customer support, one agent told me there wasn't really anything better available without adding phone and that would not allow me the savings I'm looking for, and add a phone that we really don't use.  He transferred me to another agent who hung up on me and didn't call back to discuss the issue.

Official Employee

Re: My bill just increased by $30 this month.

Hello, and thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for a better deal. I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Had the same experience. Realized there is no reward for paying the over-priced bill on time and for maintaining the service for years. This practice not only means Comcast is obviously a monopoly in certain areas (usually urban), but is allowing its current customer base to fund those wonderful service deals you see in the commercials on tv. After my contract expired, I asked if I could get one of those deals and was denied.. Hm-m-m...punished for being a good customer. Sounds like Comcast does not need nor want my business.
Official Employee

Thank you jjplace7, and welcome to the Xfinity Forums. We would love to keep you as a valued customer and thank you for your years of service with us. I would really like to look at your account and find a great deal for you if you don't mind. Can you shoot me your full name on your account as it shows on your billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Do not bother sending the Comcast employees any info..

They will look into it and you will waste a lot of time and nerves and in the end they will tell you that there is nothing they can do to help.

Official Employee

diggsbarbaraG -- I understand your frustrations and I would like to see what I can find for you for a better deal. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement. To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Official Employee

krivbas -- I'm sorry you feel this way. I would like to see if I can make this right for you if you would like. Please let me know if I can assist you.