Community Forum

My Upload speed is extremely slow

New Poster

My Upload speed is extremely slow

When are you going to increase the upload speed to match your download speed? Both the download and upload speeds should be the same. How can I make my upload speed much faster when I serf the web? Please let me no I really appreciate the help.

Expert

Re: My Upload speed is extremely slow

@celewis8 wrote:

When are you going to increase the upload speed to match your download speed? Both the download and upload speeds should be the same. How can I make my upload speed much faster when I serf the web? Please let me no I really appreciate the help.

The cable network is intentionally balanced in such a way since download speed is what matters for most users. Typically when you are using upstream bandwidth you are just requesting a file. There is no benefit to increased upstream bandwidth in that scenario. Users that do large backups to the cloud or stream live video would be the few that would benefit from symmetrical speeds. Comcast does offer symmetrical speeds on their Gigabit Pro fiber offering, but it's unlikely we will ever see symmetrical speeds over copper since bandwidth is at a premium.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!